Can I get a post-secondary education loan and wait to pay you back until I graduate?
- No, repayment for traditional loans, including education loans, generally begins the second month after you get the loan.
Can I get a post-secondary education loan each year that I’m in school?
- You can have only one loan at a time. So you can apply for and get a new loan each year only if you pay off your previous loan first.
How many co-signers (guarantors) do I need?
- You need 1 co-signer for loans up to $7,500.
How much will I have to pay each month?
- That depends on the amount and type of your loan. For most of our traditional loans, the repayment is never more than $200 per month. For loans under $5000, it’s less.
How do I apply?
- Click here to start the application process. Once completed, a representative from HFL will get in touch with you to explain the next steps.