REQUEST AN APPLICATION
- Borrow up to $7,500 with no interest charges and no fees
- Any adult connected to the Jewish community in our service area can apply
- Loans require guarantors to ensure repayment
- Repay monthly for up to 3 years
How many co-signers (guarantors) do I need?
- Up to $2,500: one co-signer;
- $2,501-$5,000: two co-signers;
- $5,001-$7,500: three co-signers.
How much will I have to pay each month?
- That depends on the amount and type of your loan. For most of our traditional loans, the repayment is never more than $200 per month. For loans under $5000, it’s less.
Will my loan be eligible for the reduced payment plan for Post-Secondary education loans?
- Repayment for traditional loans, including education loans, generally begins the second month after you get the loan. For example, if you get a loan on June 15, your first payment will likely be due August 1.) However, for post-secondary students (those in college, trade school, or graduate or professional school), as long as you (or the student you borrowed for) are in school (and regularly provide us with proof of enrollment), you may pay as little as $50 per month.
How do I apply?
- Click here to start the application process. Once completed, a representative from HFL will get in touch with you to explain the next steps.